Car problems after truck flip?

• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Liam.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Liam
    Participant

Me and my friend were driving home last night when we hit some ice and slip into a snowbank and the car tipped over. It was on it’s side for probably an hour before we could get help to tip it back over. A bunch of oil and fluids leaked out too. Now we tried starting it up this morning, and it has almost no power, like you rev it and it makes noise and the rpms are escalating, but the cars not moving.

amal
    Participant

I hope you checked your fluid levels…tranny, brake, motor oil, antifreeze, power steering…any or all of them can be low or gone entirely.

Liam
    Participant

And what about Reviving

amal
    Participant

Revving without motor oil means your engine is dead or on the verge of death…and that will cost a lot of money to fix.

noah
    Participant

You lost a bunch of transmission fluid when it flipped. So start it up, put the car in drive with the e-brake on and check the fluid.

Liam
    Participant

What about checked in park ?

noah
    Participant

Sure you can but its all depends on your rig

johnbelley
    Participant

cars wern’t ment to be on there side..chances are you leaked oil in your pistons and probably into the intake manifold. its going to take time burning the oil off your pistons when your spark plugs have oil on them. change the spark plugs and look closer at the side it was tiped on…also fill trans fluid im sure some leaked out if not all of it

Liam
    Participant

Thank you so much guys

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.